Guild Esports announces two-year sponsorship deal with gaming peripherals brand HyperX
Its second commercial deal of Guild Esports
Guild Esports, the esports organisation backed up by David Beckham signs its second commercial deal since it got listed on the London Stock Exchange in October last year, showing a market capital of whooping £40M GBP.
Financial details about the partnership were not disclosed. However, HyperX will pay 75% in cash, while the rest 25% will be paid in terms of gaming hardware to Guild Esports.
All of the Guild family will benefit from this sponsorship, including content creators and academy students. Moreover, the headquarters in London will be filled out with HyperX kits as a part of the ties.
Paul Leaman, Vice President at HyperX EMEA, said on the partnership:
“HyperX has supported esports for over a decade, from grassroots to pro players and major tournaments, ensuring our quality gaming gear from headsets, keyboard and mice enable gamers to reach their full potential. We are very excited to welcome Guild to the HyperX family and look forward to supporting their teams on the way to victory.”
Carleton Curtis, Executive Chairman of Guild Esports, added:
“We are delighted to partner with HyperX. Their brand is indispensable to gamers and we look forward to helping them address the rapidly growing audience for esports worldwide.
“Thanks to the growing interest in esports from leading advertisers and major brands, our pipeline of potential new business continues to expand, and we look forward to announcing more deals in due course.”
The release also notes down that the value of the contract is “in line” with the expectations it had when it went public.