Free Fire World Series 2021: Schedule, Format, in-Game content and More
The world’s top Free Fire teams will lock horns in the mobile battle royale game’s largest and most iconic esports tournament to date.
The world’s top Free Fire talent will be on display this weekend. The Free Fire World Series 2021 Singapore (FFWS 2021 SG) will begin on 28 May with the Play-Ins and conclude on 30 May with the Finals, and will bring 18 teams from 11 regions to Singapore as they compete for a US$2,000,000 prize pool – Free Fire’s largest ever.
Organised by leading global online games developer and publisher Garena, the World Series is Free Fire’s largest and most iconic esports tournament – the inaugural Free Fire World Series 2019 Rio saw more than 2 million concurrent online viewers tune in at its peak, which was then the world record high for a mobile esports tournament1.
The 2021 edition of the World Series will be held offline at the Sands Expo and Convention Centre at Marina Bay Sands in Singapore. This marks the first step for a return to normalcy for Free Fire international esports after tournaments in 2020 were held online. With the health and safety of all involved of utmost importance, Garena is working closely with the local authorities and has employed stringent screening and protection measures.
Broadcasts & Format
Fans can catch the Play-Ins from 6:30pm (IST) on 28 May and the Finals from 6:30pm (IST) on 30 May. The Play-Ins stage of the FFWS 2021 SG will feature 9 teams who placed either first or second in their regional-level tournament:
1. LOUD (Brazil)
2. Singularity.Invincible (CIS)
3. vaiXourar (Europe)
4. First Raiders (Indonesia)
5. Gods Plan (Latin America)
6. DEA (MENA)
7. NEWGANK (Singapore)
8. Attack All Around (Thailand)
9. HQ Esports (Vietnam)
The top 3 teams from the Play-Ins will advance to the Finals, where they will compete alongside 9 other teams – who earned direct qualification by winning their regional-level tournament – for the world championship title and US$500,000. The finalists are:
- Fluxo (Brazil) Geek Fam (MCP)
- Silence (CIS) LGDS (Taiwan)
- Evos Divine (Indonesia) Phoenix Force (Thailand)
- Team Aze (Latin America) Burst the Sky (Vietnam)
- VIP E-sport (MENA)
Both the Play-Ins and Finals will follow the same competitive format. Teams will battle to be the last one standing over 6 rounds, across all 3 maps – Bermuda, Purgatory, and Kalahari – with points awarded based on round ranking and the number of kills.
All of the matches will be broadcast on Facebook and YouTube and will be accompanied by commentary in 12 languages – Arabic, Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Melayu, Bengali, English, Hindi, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, and Vietnamese.
Free Fire players can get in on the action within the game. The main interface has been completely transformed to introduce a host of themed events and in-game rewards.
- Pick’n Win Event: Choose your champion of the FFWS 2021 SG to earn rewards. Andrew, the host of the Pick’n Win event, will pick a random team himself. If your champion pick does better, you’ll win even better rewards
- Andrew Awakening Missions: Complete missions to advance the global progress meter and unlock access to “Andrew – The Fierce”
- Andrew Challenge: Complete a series of challenges while playing as Andrew to earn exciting rewards
- Token Store: Exchange tokens for exclusive rewards, including an FFWS themed Monster truck skin and Bayfront Guardian bundle
- Log-In Rewards: Log in daily from 27 May to 7 June to win even more rewards
Free Fire is an immersive battle royale game created specifically with mobile gamers in mind. Developed and published globally by Garena, Free Fire achieved a record high of over 100 million peak daily active users in 2020. Free Fire content on YouTube was also the 3rd most watched game for 2020 with 72 billion views.