Garena bans over 30 million accounts in Free Fire for hacking over the course of 2020
Garena is not messing around.
Garena has been serious about maintaining fair play in its title Free Free. The latest post from Garena Free Fire's Facebook account "2020 Anti Hack Annual Review" reveals that a total of 30 million accounts were banned by the giant Garena in 2020.
Garena has been polishing its anti-cheat system and turns out it is quite efficient. However, the publisher has also insisted on the community a few times to be a helping hand by reporting cheats encountered by players in the game.
Altogether of the 30 million that were silenced - 69% were detected by Garena's own anti-cheat system while the rest 31% included players reporting them.
A brief breakdown is provided by Garena about how much amount of accounts were banned for a particular kind of cheat:
Garena Banned Accounts Breakdown:
- Auto-Aim: 36%
- Through Walls: 23%
- Teleport: 17%
- Antenna: 11%
- Others: 13%
Apart from the players using cheats, about 4,50,000 other players were also banished for teaming up with cheaters.
"Fighting against hackers with consistent efforts and perseverance is a lifelong mission for us", said Garena in the video post.
Heading into 2021, the giant has cited that it will continue to battle against "ANTI-HACK" to bring the best gaming experience for all of the players.